“In this immensely useful and readable volume, Karen A. Friedman, MD, and Sara L. Merwin, MPH, demystify the hospital experience and provide patients and families the information they need to navigate the confusing swirl of a hospital stay. Bring this book with you to the hospital―it will make your stay more understandable, it will keep you more engaged, and it might just save your life.”
Get The Informed Patient newsletter
- Incremental risk amid covid-19 re-openings: what do we value most?
- Patient advocacy in the age of COVID-19 – New article on KevinMD.com
- Who Should Advocate for Older Patients in the Hospital?
- COVID-19 elective surgery delays give patients time for “prehab”
- Preparing for elective surgery in the hospital…Part II: Logistics